Hair removal procedures such as shaving, plucking and waxing can be painful and often leave ingrown hair and general redness behind.
Due to its convenience, safety and long-term results, IPL hair removal has fast become the preferred treatment option. Using the most advanced IPL device by Venus Versa, we can help you achieve smoother skin and eliminate unwanted hair for good.
The treatment is suitable for sensitive skin and all skin types & is virtually a painless treatment, which requires no downtime, and results in smoother, hair-free skin :)
- Smoother, hair-free skin
- Comfortable treatments
- No downtime
- A safe and quick treatment session
- Suitable for most sensitive skin
Cycle: 3-8 treatments every 4-6 weeks. The exact number will depend on each person and the treated area.
Cost: see below the complete pricing in the FAQs section or our PRICE LIST > HERE
WILL THIS TREATMENT WORK FOR ME?
The treatment suits most people who want to remove unwanted hair on their face or body pain-free and would suit even the most sensitive skin.
The IPL Venus Versa™, hair removal treatments, work best for light to medium skin tones with dark hair. The treatment may work on darker skin, but there is a higher risk of discoloration because darker skin has more pigment in it or vice versa; if one has very light hair, the treating light pule may not recognise the hair and the treatment would not be effective.
It’s best to consult us first to see if the treatment suits you. We can do a spot test to evaluate your reaction to the light.
For safety reasons, some people may be unable to undergo the treatment. This may include those who:
- Excessively tanned skin and darker skin types
- Have only very white/grey or fine hairs.
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have been treated with Roaccutane in the last three months
- Have skin-related autoimmune diseases
- Have illnesses that are triggered or irritated by light or heat
- A tattoo or permanent makeup in the treatment area
DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING BEFORE THE TREATMENT?
- No plucking or waxing the hair for at least 4 weeks before treatment
- Shave the treated area on the day of your treatment
- Avoid sun exposure & fake tanning for 2 weeks before treatment.
- Come with bare, clean skin for the treatment and avoid any lotions, creams or makeup on the treated area.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE TREATMENT?
During the treatment, we will place the IPL handpiece onto your skin, and as the applicator moves around the treatment area, you will feel like an elastic band snapping on the skin with each light flash. The skin can also feel warm, but usually, it is an effortless and quick procedure.
For extra comfort, the Venus Versa IPL device we are working with has a built-in advanced cooling system that ensures skin is always protected from heat during the treatment.
IS THERE ANY DOWNTIME?
No downtime at all.
Sometimes, the treated area may have some redness and slight swelling, which should fade within 24 hours.
Avoid any sun exposure after the IPL treatment and apply a broad-spectrum SPF on the area.
It is possible, but very uncommon, the body will react with small blisters, scabs, and cold sores reactivation (when used on the upper lip). It is vital not to pick or scratch as this may lead to infection, scarring and post-inflammatory hyper or hypopigmentation.
We will provide you with after-care instructions at the end of your treatment.
HOW LONG WOULD THE RESULT LAST?
After completing a full course of treatments, it depends on how your hair grows. Some people may see permanent hair removal, while others who see sporadic hair growth in the area may need touch-up treatments to maintain the results.
Depending on the client’s skin & hair type and the treated area, a different number of treatments would be required to target all unwanted hairs, as each strand has various growth phases. Generally, one can achieve 90% of hair reduction after six treatments and a yearly treatment following the initial IPL hair removal course is recommended to maintain hairless results.
Compared to other hair removal systems in the market, the treatments with the Venus Versa IPL are one of the most comfortable, safe and reliable for long-term results for even the most sensitive skin.
WHAT ARE THE COST OF THE TREATMENTS?
- Extra small area- upper lips or chin $50
- Small area - underarm / bikini/ jawline/ hands $85
- Medium area- Full arms / 1/2 legs /chest/half-back $195
- Large area- Full legs / full back/chest and abdomen $290
*15% OFF FOR BUNDLES OF 6 OF THE SAME AREA*
- Upper lips & chin $85
- Bikini & underarm $155
- Complete face hair reduction $135
- The Lot - Full legs, standard Brazilian, arms, underarms, chin and upper lips $420
*For men, add $50 per area